Saturday, February 11, 2012

Dice of Life

Hello interweb land my name is Roberto and I love gaming! If there is a ruleset involved I would probably like to give it a whirl at least once. I love videogames but my true passion comes from tabletop gaming. Be it boardgames, roleplaying games, or miniature wargames I pretty much love em all. Now what does this have to do with blogging? Well I think I have a pretty good collection of games and wanted to have a place to review them and show off anything cool that I have picked up past or present. If your interested then drop me a line with questions and comments.

First off ive been gaming for a long time! For videogames my earliest memories come from playing Super Mario, TMNT and NES Pro Wrestling at my cousins houses respectively. For boardgames it had to be Mouse Trap and TSRs Dungeon and what times I had with those games! The next couple of years I played some board games that I didn't know where geeky at the time but I loved em anyway! In Junior High I was introduced to the tag team champions of Dungeons and Dragons and Magic the Gathering. That was pretty much game over for me and full on nerdhood was knighted.  All of this pretty much molded me into this....




When im not gaming or game hunting im a pretty fun loving guy that gets into all sorts of adventures when I least expect them. Outside of games I enjoy being an adventurous food hunter and beer lover. I live in Chicago so the landscape is ripe for adventure. Science Fiction and Fantasy books are another huge pastime of mine. Gibson's Cyberpunk, Black Library books, Tolkien, Lovecraft, and anything with magic or nerdery is probably up my ally. Movies are another hobby of mine so I have a pretty interesting collection ranging from horror, sci-fi, drama, popcorn, old as shit, and anime. I was an avid comic collector but have let the hobby die on its own. I still will enjoy a trade paperback here or there if it strikes my fancy. Retro game hunting is another weakness of mine. Old board and videogames are a huge weakness of mine. If I find a retro shop I can lose a weekend in it. Like any solid fanboy a toy here or there never killed anyone.  Im what I like to call a renaissance nerd. I hit all areas of nerdy know it alls.  

Outside of nerding it up I live with my beautiful girlfriend who puts up with all of my hobby antics.  For a long time she would just let me do my own thing and not really question it. Then after awhile I think she wanted to see what the big deal was. Why was I always escaping to go play these games with my friends and family? So I introduced her to Magic...... thats a story for another time.

  
           
My intention for this blog is to give you some honest reviews from a guy who loves games in general with a hint of nostalgic background if I see fit. For boardgames breakdowns of systems and what my friends and family think of said game may come up as well. Im an avid painter/hobbiest so I may document some of my works in progress if anyone is interested. For videogames I probably will be showing off what some of my newest finds maybe and give a brief review if I ever get around to play them.If I remember I will also keep you posted on my bi-monthly Pathfinder/boardgame sessions.(I am a dungeon master after all) Basically if it is new and interesting in the fanboy world I will add my two cents. I hope you join me in my adventures in blogging. 


the Dungeonslinger                                                                                                                                                                    

No comments:

Post a Comment